Forums
Gallery
Membership
Contact Us
Safety/Training

ProShooter.Org Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» ProShooter.Org » Arms Room » Smallbore Shooters » Resizing tool for .22LR bullets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Resizing tool for .22LR bullets
Bolo

Shooter # 28

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I have this 'Thing' for gadgets [devil]
Just sent off a PMO for a .22 "ACU'RZR" tool from a guy named Paco Kelly in Tuscon AZ.
The idea is this thing reforms and resizes .22bullets to a uniform diameter while altering the shape to either a pronounced HP, or a .22 Wadcutter [Cool] Good for betteraccuracy, more "Whack!" on small varmints and crisper holes on cardboard targets. Worth a try... Hopefully I'll post a range report in about 4-6 weeks. [Wink] [sniper]
Anyone curious in the meanwhile, the link is:
http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm [thumbsup]

--------------------
"A Golf Course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a Perfectly good Rifle Range!"

Shots Fired: 821 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrTenX

Shooter # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrTenX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting.

I'd like to order one but, would like to see what kind of results you get first.

--------------------
What my computer can't handle, my rifle does wonderfully.

Shots Fired: 412 | From: Kalifornia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
10mm Rules

Shooter # 96

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 10mm Rules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll wait for the report also, it does sound promising though.

--------------------
The craters on the moon were caused by a drunk redneck with a 10mm.
http://coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

Shots Fired: 4761 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Joe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bolo,

You can't be anymore of a gadget guy than I am. That does sound interesting, let us know what you think of it. I'm curious about feeding problems. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bolo

Shooter # 28

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK! Paco Kelly's little gadget showed up in the mail today, only took a little less than 4 weeks [Smile] Cute lil' gadget, Bronze/brass about the size of shotgunshell, came with a pair of forming rods, also of brass - one for making HP's and the other for resizeing 40grainer solidpoints into semiwadcutters [thumbsup] So far I've turned out about 70 rounds of wadcutters and a couple of HP's- took less than a 1/2hr once I got the drill down [thumbsup] [Cool]
Won't get to do a tryshoot with the new loads till Friday - see how they shoot next to the same batches of unalterd ammo. So far, they chamber OK in every rifle I've tried them in. More on this soon..... So far I'm very pleased [devil]

--------------------
"A Golf Course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a Perfectly good Rifle Range!"

Shots Fired: 821 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bolo

Shooter # 28

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a little progress report on the results of shooting various bullets 'modified' by this gadget over the month I've been playing with it...
The accuracy of moderately priced SV and HV bullets like the Aguila SV and the Winchester SuperX is definately improved out to the same rifles [thumbsup] The El Cheapo Buck a Box loadings = NOTHING is gonna help the likes of Remington Golden Bullets or Winchester Wildcats [thumbsdown] Waste of time.
The little "NastiNose" hollow pointer tool is a hoot, but time consuming if you are making a large batch...I take a HV HP like a Winchester SuperX or a CCI Stinger and make the HP's cavity larger with the tool - Then I fill the cavity with Beeswax and give the tip of the 'loaded' hollow cavity a wee tap with the AcuRizr tip which makes a concave mephlet semiwadcutter out of the waxloaded HP = These little bombs blow things up! [evil] Clay Birds tend to vaporize and I have to pick up a few apples & oranges to try next, maybe pomgranets when they are in season [devil] [laugh]

[ 05-01-2003, 14:03: Message edited by: Bolo ]

--------------------

10mm Rules

Shooter # 96

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 10mm Rules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting [Big Grin]

--------------------
The craters on the moon were caused by a drunk redneck with a 10mm.
http://coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

Shots Fired: 4761 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Smilies

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ProShooter (Home)